Eating out at a winery in Rioja Alavesa
Have you ever felt the pleasure of enjoying a meal at a winery in Rioja Alavesa? If you have the chance, be sure to enjoy this experience firsthand, an experience for the five senses.
It usually begins with a guided tour of the winery, where several wines are tasted. Afterwards you will enjoy a real meal in the social area of the cellar or restaurant, according to the winery, where the traditional cuisine of the area is normally paired with wines from Rioja Alavesa. Turn your getaway in a premium gastronomic journey, consisting of aromas and flavours that will lead you to discover our traditional cuisine and our wines. Among the various suggestions from each winery you will find menus paired with different wines, traditional menus with Rioja-style potatoes and lamb cutlets cooked over vine shoots, special menus or set menus, always with the perfect harmony of our wines to test your senses and in the unique setting of our wineries.
The taste of authenticity
- Before visiting the winery, a good idea is to visit the Wine Centre to learn about the culture of Rioja Alavesa wine.
- Book a visit with a meal at a winery and sample some of the menus offered with the best wines from Rioja Alavesa.
- Among the various culinary offerings of the wineries, taste the dishes of a traditional menu, with Rioja-style potatoes and lamb cutlets cooked over vine shoots and Spanish-style French toast, or other suggestions, such as white beans, cod or roast lamb. You will also be able to find some more innovative menus.
- Do not forget to take a photo of the group having the time of their lives at the winery.
- Once you have enjoyed the food, we invite you to walk around the streets of our towns to explore its monumental beauty, unique nooks and thousands of details steeped in history.
- Take some wines from Rioja Alavesa to continue living the experience at home.