3 or more days in Rioja Alavesa
If you have three or more days, get to know Rioja Alavesa in depth and live the complete experience. The short distances between the various municipalities that make up the Rioja Alavesa Wine Route and how easy it is to get around, offer the perfect excuse to delve fully into a unique wine region, lose yourself among breathtaking landscapes of vines and forget the time. Be captivated by the natural surroundings, the roots of our gastronomic and wine culture, our history filled with medieval villages, enjoy the Basque-Rioja cuisine and, above all, let yourself be enveloped by our people.
- Ensure your visit coincides with some of our great food and wine or sporting events.
- Learn the secrets and intricacies of our towns through guided tours hosted by expert tour guides.
- Sign up on one of the unique experiences our establishments offer (harvesting, picnicking in the vineyards, cycling, segway rides, kayaks on the river Ebro, Rioja Alavesa olive oil experience, etc.).
- Visit the vineyard landscape in comfort in a luxury car or in the Racimo Tren (our touristic wine train), if you are the type of person who likes to be pampered.
- Enjoy a dramatized visit in a cellar or in a medieval village, such as Salinillas de Buradon or Labraza.
- Don´t miss our concerts among vineyards, usually offered in summer.
- Visit the Lakes at Laguardia, of special natural value, watch birds and other local fauna or the natural wetlands of Carravalseca or Carralogroño.
- Contemplate a sunset at dusk on a clear day, look for that characteristic picture postcard scene, with vineyards, wineries, the river Ebro or the Sierra de Cantabria as the backdrop. Do not forget your selfie stick to capture that picture postcard moment.
*Check the activities and events program on our website: www.rutadelvinoderiojaalavesa.com