Rioja Alavesa in a day
In Rioja Alavesa there is a lot to do, but if you only have a day or are simply just passing through and it is your first visit, here are some ideas for you to discover what not to miss in this incredible destination. Choose from our suggestions, your enjoyment is guaranteed, so much so you will want to return, but definitely with more time so as not miss anything.
- Stroll through the streets of one of our medieval villages steeped in history.
- Have a few mini-wines (potes) and pintxos to soak up the best atmosphere in our wine bars.
- Visit at least one of our wineries. Choose from family wineries, harvester wineries, historic underground cellars, or those at the cutting edge, designed by the world´s most famous architects.
- Take pictures at some of the most emblematic places on route (prestigious wineries, underground cellars, dolmens, viewpoints, amidst the vineyards...).
- Savour our traditional cuisine (Rioja-style potatoes, lamb chops cutlets over vine shoots, veal cheeks in red wine or white beans) in any of our wineries or restaurants.
- Take home a case of some of our wines or other products produced in Rioja Alavesa.